FERD GAVINA

FERD GAVINA

Saturday, February 28, 2009

MY CHURCH



My church that I minister at is a small church but a very special church. It is located in the heart of Hatfield/McCoy country. The Fifth Avenue Church of Christ has a lot of special people that I have learned to love over the last year and I pray that the Lord will lead me to stay here in this ministry for a very long time. The church is located in Williamson, West Virginia while the Parsonage is located in South Williamson, Kentucky which is only a mile away. The area is more isolated than I am used to, but not that bad at all. There is a College nearby in which my wife Barbara will be taking Nursing Courses starting next Fall. She just passed her entrance exam for Nursing and I am proud of her. The people in the area are nice and friendly and the crime rate is low. The Linkous House, which is a Bed & Breakfast is right next door to the church and I highly recommend it. Our church sings Contemporary Music with a mix of some Traditional Hymns. In the picture above, you see daughter Rachel in front of the Church Sign. She painted the picture in the sign.... I am so proud of her!!! Please come and visit us whenever you can!!!

1 comment:

  1. 5th Avenue was a wonderful church experience to be with. It restored my sister's confidence to sing in church and the people were motivated to grow. Unfortunately the coal mining industry went downhill, so we had to move. Probably good thing too because Indiana doctors did a better job handling my father's health problems and keeping him with us, even if it lasted till April 15, 2018! Looking forward to eternity. I await thee, Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete