FERD GAVINA

FERD GAVINA

Saturday, February 28, 2009

HOMESCHOOLING

My wife Barbara and I decided many years ago to Home school our children. This is a decision that I will never regret and I am extremely happy for the results. Recently, my son Joshua got his ACT scores back and he scored a 20, which is pretty good. Joshua has Autism but he is a High Functioning Autistic boy that has always impressed me. He is very brilliant in Math and is a Human Calculator. He can multiply and 3 or 4 digit number with another 3 or 4 digit number in his head. For his language, he choose to take up Japanese. We used the Rosetta Stone program for Japanese and he did extremely good. My daughter Rachel and my son Aaron are also excelling in school and both are very talented. When I compare my children's knowledge of things that they should know in school with those other kids around us, it just strengthens my beliefs in Homeschooling. Yeah, socially they don't have as many friends, but I feel that this is not such a bad idea, especially with the Drug Problems of Society. I see other kids act terribly towards their parents, and have words come out of their mouths that is very Rated R for my taste. Barbara and I hope to instill to our children the importance of having God first in their lives. I pray that we are successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment