FERD GAVINA

FERD GAVINA

Saturday, February 28, 2009

FRIENDS

Friends to me are extremely important, and as many of my friends know, I cherish my friendships with them deeply. I also try very hard to get in touch with friends of the past and surprise them with an email or a phone call. Currently I am still looking for some friends from High School with no luck, but I am sure I will find them someday.

My College friends are very important. I went to three Colleges. I went to Nyack College in Nyack, New York. Then I went on to Toccoa Falls College in Toccoa Falls, Georgia. Finally I transferred to Johnson Bible College in Knoxville, Tennessee. Through my travels, I made a lot of friends that I will always draw near to my heart. Hopefully they feel the same with me.

I had a friend in High School that I use to be very close to. We did a lot of things together and we went through a lot together. A few years ago I found him, even though he changed his name, and I was very happy. He talked to me a few times, but then he said, "The times we had was so long ago.... another lifetime." After that, he cut off all correspondence. I don't know why. I don't think I offended him. Yet, he felt that his past is the past. That hurt.

Yes friends are special, yet friends can hurt us. I know I have hurt some of my friends in the past. If you are someone special in my life and are reading this, I just want to affirm my friendship with you. Please keep in touch!!!

1 comment:

  1. And even when we brag about SIX TIME Super Bowl Champions - the PITTSBURGH STEELERS - you still call us friends!

    ReplyDelete