FERD GAVINA

FERD GAVINA

Friday, May 15, 2009

FACEBOOK

One of the things that I like about the internet is a site called facebook. At first I didn't know if I wanted to get into facebook because I thought it was for the younger generation. But then all of a sudden, I started to get in touch with people that I have lost contact with long, long ago. People that I knew from Elementary School asked me to be their friend on facebook. People in High School that knew me, or even those who just casually knew me, reconnected with me. People that I thought hated me in High School are now in my network. It is quite funny, but the years have mellowed a lot of us, especially now that we have family and children ourselves. I also have reconnected with Church Youth Leaders from long ago that I haven't seen in over 20 years, but feel close to them because of Facebook. I also have some very dear friends from College that have reconnected with me, and I think that is really neat. I have several Minister friends that keeps in touch with me in facebook which is really neat. I know I can ask them for prayer or call on them for advise, as they are welcomed to ask me as well. I see their pictures and their children's pictures and I can see that even though they are far away, I can still get to know them through facebook. Yeah, there are many dangers in facebook, but if used properly, facebook can be such a great way to maintain friendships of the past. I am thankful for facebook....

2 comments:

  1. That's cool Ferd. I have similar sentiments myself, but for the most part I use it as a journal of sorts...road-mapping my life on a daily basis: Even if it's a single emotion that I'm feeling on any particular day. Know what I mean? - Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you terribly. You got to leave this world 25 years early into eternity, and here I am stuck here for another 50-60 years God willing. I know we'll be reunited forever someday, but until then our separation is painful. My sister's faith is on a tailspin. My brother and I's faith have grown, but my little brother has fallen way behind and has justified certain sins cuz he's overly sympathetic and doesn't know his Bible well enough. I promise you, I will stay true to the faith. My career will thrive and my entrepreneurship plans will eventually prosper. My biggest regret about our relationship is that money played such a crucial role in our stress levels. I forgive you of any miscommunications we had growing up and I will not allow myself to harbor hatred in my heart. Looking forward to the 2nd coming. See you with all of us to Jesus' right side.

    ReplyDelete